We are committed to respecting the confidentiality of the personal information you supply to us, and all data will be processed in accordance with data privacy laws.
Our goal is to provide clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights with this information.
– What personally identifiable information is collected from you through our site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
– What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
– The security procedures in place to protect your information.
– How you can correct any inaccuracies in this information.
- Who We Are
We are Air Cleaners Inc, located at 85 Pleasant Street, PO Box 100, Bristol, NH 03222 For the purposes of data privacy legislation, we will be a ‘controller’.
- Contacting Us
• mail: Air Cleaners Inc, 85 Pleasant Street, PO Box 100, Bristol, NH 03222
• email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Rights
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
3.1 Your rights in connection to personal information
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organization.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: in the event that Air Cleaners Inc refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 3.6 below.
If you want to exercise any of these rights then please contact us using the details at section 2 or by submitting requests via our Contact Us page: https://aircleanersinc.com/contact. The various rights are not absolute and each is subject to certain exceptions or qualifications.
We will respond to your request within 30 days of receipt of your request. In some cases we may not be able to fulfill your request to exercise the right within this time period, and may need to request more time. Where we cannot provide a full response to you for any reason, we will let you know about this in our initial reply to your request.
3.3 Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal account information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed through your AirCleanersInc account if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). In some cases, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive, or if you request multiple copies of the information. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
3.5 Information we may request from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is an appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is only disclosed to persons who have a right to receive it.
- Information we collect
We collect your personal information from a variety of sources, as set out in this Privacy Notice. Where necessary we collect information directly from you or indirectly from third parties, and through your use of our website.
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
• Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
• Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
• Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
• Send you information about your account and order
• Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
• Process payments and prevent fraud
• Set up your account for our store
• Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
• Improve our store offerings
• Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
4.1 Information you provide to us
This section details the information we collect about you in the course of your use of the Air Cleaners Inc website, your use of our products and services and otherwise in your interaction and correspondence with Air Cleaners Inc and representatives of Air Cleaners Inc. We will collect:
• basic personal details including your name and billing address, email address, telephone number and any other contact details you supply; and
• card payment information.
4.2 Information we collect from other sources
We will receive information about you from third parties. We will collect the following information from third parties:
• basic personal details including your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact details you have provided us.
4.3 Information about how you use our website
We collect information about your use of our site and the devices you use. We collect information on:
• how often you access our website;
• the way in which you navigate around it;
• how long you spend on particular pages;
• the operating system, hardware, software versions, browser configuration of the devices you use;
• location information;
• any chat messages and email correspondence with us; and
• connection information such as IP addresses.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We accept payments through Intuit and Square. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to whichever of these companies you choose to to process your payment, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Our website uses features provided by the Vimeo video portal. This service is provided by Vimeo Inc., 555 West 18th Street, New York, New York 10011, USA.
If you visit one of our pages featuring a Vimeo plugin, a connection to the Vimeo servers is established. Here the Vimeo server is informed about which of our pages you have visited. In addition, Vimeo will receive your IP address. This also applies if you are not logged in to Vimeo when you visit our plugin or do not have a Vimeo account. The information is transmitted to a Vimeo server in the US, where it is stored.
If you are logged in to your Vimeo account, Vimeo allows you to associate your browsing behavior directly with your personal profile. You can prevent this by logging out of your Vimeo account.
4.7 Google Web Fonts
For uniform representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Google. When you open a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly.
For this purpose your browser has to establish a direct connection to Google servers. Google thus becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Google Web fonts is done in the interest of a uniform and attractive presentation of our plugin. This constitutes a justified interest pursuant to Art. 6 (1) (f) DSGVO.
If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font is used by your computer.
- How we use the information we collect
5.1 General uses of information
The information which we collect and how we use it will depend on the nature of our business relationship with you. We use your information:
• to provide you with products and services which you have requested and to fulfil our contractual obligations towards you;
• to fulfill our contractual obligations to third parties to whom you have provided your information;
• for our internal business administration and record keeping purposes;
• to respond to your enquiries submitted through our website; and
• for legal and regulatory compliance purposes, including as necessary to respond to governmental, regulatory or law enforcement agency requests.
5.2 Uses of information for transactional email / trial purposes
We will use your information to inform you of account/service related notifications that are crucial to your active products and/or account with us. These messages are sent only if you have an active product and/or account with us, and can not be opted out of other than closing your account and/or cancelling the related product/service with us.
If you have signed up for a trial with us, we will send you trial-related reminders throughout the course of your trial with helpful informations and reminders in regards to the end of your trial.
5.3 Uses of information for marketing purposes
We use your information to identify products and services events that we think may be of interest to you.
We will only send you marketing messages where you have consented to such contact, or in the case of products and services, where these are similar to those that we have already provided to you.
You have the right to ask us not to not send you marketing messages by post or e-mail or any combination of these at any time.
You can do this:
• in case you wish to withdraw from all marketing communications, you can unsubscribe from all marketing by clicking the appropriate link in any email you receive;
• at any time by changing or updating your marketing preferences on your MyWorks account (https://myworks.software/account); or
• at any time by contacting us (see section 2). If you choose to unsubscribe, we will cease to send you such communications as mentioned above.
5.4 Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
• Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
• Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
5.5 What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example our shipping companies and our fulfillment center.
- Our legal basis for collecting information
We are entitled to use your personal data in the ways set out in this policy on the following bases:
• the use of personal data in this way is necessary for the performance of a contract with you for provision of our products and/or services or to take steps at your request prior to entering into such a contract;
• we have legal obligations that we have to discharge;
• the use of your personal data is necessary for our legitimate interests in:
◦ ensuring the quality and support of the products and services we provide to you;
◦ collecting information for marketing purposes;
◦ and statistical analysis;
• you have consented to such use;
• to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights for the purposes of legal proceedings.
If provision of your personal information is a legal or contractual requirement or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract with us, and you choose not to provide it, we may not be able to perform some of the tasks we need to in order to provide certain products or services to you.
If you do choose to provide your consent you can withdraw it at any time by contacting us (see section 2).
- Sharing your information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties except as detailed in this Privacy Notice.
Where necessary, we disclose your personal data to internal entities within Air Cleaners Inc who will safeguard such personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Where necessary, we may share your personal data with the following third parties:
• software providers;
• web analytics providers;
• cloud computing providers;
• payment processing and accounting providers;
• social media providers;
• law enforcement agencies and regulators, government departments or competent authorities of the UK or of other countries; and
• if you have consented to any disclosure to a third party.
- Where we store your data
We transfer, use and/or store your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and the laws of some of these destination countries may not offer the same standard of protection for personal information as countries within the EEA. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers.
We currently transfer data to the following countries outside of the EEA:
• United States of America.
We may update this list from time to time and any changes will be communicated to you via an update to this Privacy Notice.
Transfers to our third party service providers are to enable them to use and store your personal information on our behalf. We will, however, put in place appropriate security procedures in order to protect your personal information. We also ensure that, where your information is transferred to any country outside the EEA this is done using specific legally-approved safeguards. You can request further details and a copy of these by contacting us (see section 2).
- Keeping your information
We will keep your information only for as long as necessary depending on the purpose for which it was provided. When determining the relevant retention periods, we will take into account factors including:
• our contractual and business relationships with you;
• legal obligations under applicable law to retain data for a certain period of time;
• statute of limitations under applicable law(s); and
• guidelines issued by relevant supervisory authorities.
We acknowledge that the information you provide may be confidential and we will maintain the confidentiality of and protect your information in accordance with our normal procedures and all applicable laws. We employ appropriate technical and organizational security measures to help protect your personal data against loss and to guard against access by unauthorized persons. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
In addition, those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who process your personal data will only do so on our instructions and they will be subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, for example by encrypting our outgoing email communications, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
- Changes to this Notice
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add to, or remove portions from, our Privacy Notice. We will of course notify you of any changes where we are required to do so.
Last updated: August 31, 2021.